A driven and curious biochemist turned software engineer, interested in the applications of technology in answering biological questions
I love exploring and engaging in different new diverse projects. While I enjoy building machine learning models, I also love to hike, meet new people and reinvent the ways we enjoy and consume food.
- Open Source PyTorch Contribution : Implemented conditional GAN
- 2019-Present: Research Assistant @ Stanford University
Principle Investigator: Dr. Anshul Kundaje, Department of Genetics & Computer Science
- ENCODE Working Group Lead: Leads data analysis and pipeline generation in key working group of 41 participants in ENCODE Consortium4.Robust testing of validation pipeline across multiple celltypes to be used by Consortium.
- Involved in problem formulation and hypothesis testing based on different data input types.
- Frequent Presentations to non-technical audience.
- Data Analytics and Deep Learning: Implemented and interpreted statistical and deep learning modelson multi-model biological data inputs.
- Curated and combined datasets for exploration and downstream prediction tasks.Improved ease of use and validation practices of relevant code and packages
- 2018-2019: Research Assistant @ McGill University
Supervisor: Professor Jerome Waldispuhl
- Implemented CNNs to solve multiple sequence alignment problem via utilizing crowd-sourced human-computing platforms - Phylo
- Performed feature selection on known sequence alignments that allow for automatic adjustments of puzzle difficulty based on skill level
- 2016-2018: Research Assistant @ McGill University
Supervisor: Professor Kalle Gehring
- Resolved N15 spectrum of linker protein involed in autophagy, Crystallized transmembrane domain of CNNM Transmembrane protein
- Involved in protein growth and purification
- B.Sc. in Biochemistry, Computer Science, McGill University, Dec 2018
- BL21 research scholar:
- Yale hackathon sponsor award: Highest social good and scalability in machine learning
- Diploma in Culinary Arts, International Culinary Centre, 2015
Skills & Relevant Courses
- Python, Java, C, BASH Scripting
- Applied Machine Learning
- Computational Biology Research and Applications
- Software Systems
- Algorithms & Data Structures I, II
- Probability, Statistics, Linear Algebra